Have you ever needed to make changes to a large number of fields? Perhaps 25 fields need their max value updated? All of the currency base fields need prefixed with zzz so they’re at the end of advanced find? You could go through and tediously open and change all of the fields. Or, you could use the Xrm Toolbox Bulk Attribute Editor.
This tool turns this process into 3 simple steps:
- Backup the entity being edited by creating and/or exporting a solution.
- Download and/or open “Attribute Editor” in XRM Toolbox.
- Click “Load Entities”.
- Select the entity to be edited from the entity drop-down.
- Click “Download Template”.
- Open the downloaded template.
- Edit the spreadsheet as necessary. Note that the logical name, schema name, and type columns should not be changed.
- Save and close the spreadsheet.
- Upload the edited template by clicking on the “…” to the left of the “Upload Template” button, selecting the spreadsheet, and then clicking “Upload Template”.
- Verify that the fields displayed in the grid match the expected fields.
- Click “Save Entity”.
Be sure to report any issues and/or suggestions in the comments below or at the Project Site: